F-250 xc-ski trail implement.
F-250 is the latest generation of snow grooming equipment developed by Alpina for the use in combination with the snowmobiles SHERPA 1.4 and the new 1.6L Ti-VCT 16V.
The three configurations available, (A) without track-setters, (B) with 1 track-setter, (C) with 2 track-setters, offer an effective and convenient outfit for the preparation of ski trails for both classic and skating technique, pedestrian trails, sleigh trails, and small alpine ski slopes. The grooming / tracking quality is very close to the one achieved by snowcats, yet with a much lower purchase cost and running cost. The main features of the F-250 are:
- Lightweight and compact construction
- Epoxy powder coating over an anti-oxydation pre-coating prevents ice and snow building up
- Full electric operation - no more hydraulic devices
- Skating-lane renovator with spring-mounted knives; electric control for raising / lowering
- +50% more tools (compared to the F-One model) for a smoother skating lane grooming
- 2.5 meters skating-lane finisher, with urethane flexible combs
- Classic track-setter with gas-spring pre-load; electric control for raising / lowering
- Track-shoes with progressive compaction profile
- Available also with 2 classic track-setters
- Track-setters arms can be shifted to set tracks from left to right on the trail
- Control keyboard for installation on the Sherpa-dashboard, with the reliable can-bus technology
- Control keyboard can activate up to 4 auxiliary devices (work-lights, sroboscopic beacon, etc.).
The main advantages of preparing tracks with Sherpa equipped with the new F-250 are:
- Prepares the skating-lane and sets classic-tracks at one time
- Easily sets classic-tracks following the "ideal-line"
- Possibility to prepare the track even with low snow conditions, without damaging the ground
- Smooth operation, no sudden changes of the track-line on the curves, no torn or ripped tracks when steering
- No need to first prepare the trails with a snowcat
- No traces of the snowmobile will remain over the trail; perfect "corduroy" finishing over 2.5 mt. width
- User-friendly controls, with the smart can-bus dashboard control-keyboard. Great driver-confort
- Low cost of purchase - great operation economy - ease of maintenance
- Eco-friendly machine due to its extremely low emissions.
That's why the Sherpa equipped with the newest F-250 becomes the indispensable grooming equipment for the XC-ski areas keeping a particular eye on environment, functionality and economy.